Monday, December 30, 2013

Minced Words


"Are you Mad?" Joy asks in a voice as loud as her outfit. She has come dressed in impossibly high heels which leaves her overgrown body to teeter and sway in the holiday lights. Her hair is teased to the four corners of the party and her dress is made entirely of little green sequins to match her little green shoes. Her face glows with the intensity of a living room fire. She is soft and warm. 
"Good heavens, no. I'm merely Interested." His voice is distinctly Northern. Two different socks rest below his ankles before his substantially short pants cover the rest. Although he is of average weight, he puffs himself up with a rosy jacket full of feathers. "I hear the steps creaking louder, though. I can only imagine what he's got going on now. "
"Is he always loud?"
"Always. What do you want to talk to him for?" 
"I've got to talk to him."
"Got to is a mean circumstance."
"I had a Misunderstanding with his cousin and ever since then we haven't spoken."
"Ah," Interested says. "What about the Misunderstanding?"

"Oh, he's just annoyed."

No comments:

Post a Comment